We've Been Living our Happily Ever After for

Monday, October 21, 2013

Printed Bridesmaids Dresses

I looked at my entries in the past six months and so far, I have- a number of posts related to motherhood, one or two about travelling and mountaineering and one completely off-the-route about Wally Bayola's sex scandal(where the heck did that come from???)
Such a mess! I know, I know, I know...But in true writer-wanna-be fashion, I wanna keep it that way because I want to write whatever comes to mind, whenever the though bubble comes along..So I now present to you, another 360 turn in topic as I go back to a wedding related topic: PRINTED BRIDESMAID DRESSES

I was inspired to write about this because I watched a same-day-edit video last sunday and it was the first time that I actually liked printed bridesmaid dresses.On our own wedding day, our bridesmaids had plain brown and blue dresses and the least we did to give the clothes a youthful vibe was to choose dresses that were short.

As I watched their video however, it was such a fresh sight to see prints instead of the usual flowy, family of chiffon and lace and satin and silk bridesmaid dresses.I realized it wouldn't always work but here are some snapshots that actually do(in my opinion)


The cut was really flattering to the women's bodies. Notice how the fabric hugs their bodies and therefore accentuating their curves
members of the entourage in the sde I was watching


The dresses must be in a color that you reeeeeeeeally like so that no matter what, it'll still be pleasing to your eyes. I think it works specifically well for darker colors because somehow the clothes look more formal
I'm a sucker for anything that's blue so this works for me :D
It can also be in a light color, especially if it's a neutral color, which complements the bride's white gown and makes them look so much closer to typical dresses

Or just go all out and break the rules- go for vibrant, buoyant prints that really stand out-which, I think, would work best for spring and summer weddings

At the end of the day, it all depends on the vibe that you want your wedding to have and whose to say if it's okay or not? It's your wedding, after all!

Until the next thought bubble!









No comments:

span.fullpost {display:inline;}